Canaan and I made a simple batch of muffins this cold January morning. After enjoying one, we decided we should share them with you. Unfortunately, you aren't here. Therefore the best way for us to share is to pass along the recipe and hope you enjoy them nearly as much as we do.
Canaan and momma
Cranberry Orange Muffins makes 12, takes about 45 minutes
we based our recipe on this one from food.com
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup dried cranberries, rehydrated
3/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon grated orange rind
1. Melt butter. Set aside.2. In a bowl, pour 1 cup hot water over dried cranberries. Let sit 5 minutes, strain off water. Set cranberries aside.3. Combine dry ingredients.
4. In a smaller bowl, beat together egg, orange juice, orange rind. Add slightly cooled melted butter.
5. Add to dry ingredients all at once. Fold in cranberries.
6. Stir just to moisten.
7. Spoon into greased muffin cups.
8. Sprinkle tops lightly with a bit of sugar.
9. Bake 400F 15-20 mins until lightly browned and firm to the touch.