Edited to add: I just hit "publish" and the entire beautiful design of this blog disappeared. Just like that. Almost six years of working, and one button ended it. Part of me panicked, and then a huge part of me felt like a bird in flight. What else am I holding onto that I needn't? What are you? Think it over, love it, and let it go. I imagine there is plenty of clutter (albeit lovely clutter) we could all sweep away this spring.
After thinking it over, I am moving into a season of stopping this blog. Here are a few of my reasons.
1. My head is more full than ever, and our kitchen is still cooking, but I need to focus on what is here now. I spend most of my time concerned with being very present with my family, and sometimes blogging takes me out of the present and makes me either spend too much time reflecting back or missing the moment all together as I think of how to capture it for a blog.
2. Canaan is starting to talk. Life is about to get hilarious and I want to be sure that I respect her privacy. I love sharing her stories with the people I know love her, but want to be careful how much I put out there for just any random googler.
3. I have basically one hour a day that I can typically count on to do "what I want". That is not much time folks. Writing is a great use of that time, on occasion, but more often than not, blogging wouldn't be.
4. It has been almost six years of writing in this space, and I think it is tired. I am ready to free my obligations for what is next.
5. I would love to share my life with you, and want that to be on a two way street. Blogging is way too one sided for me these days.
6. I love that you have enjoyed this space, and hope that we keep in touch.... in real time. Thanks for being here!
p.s. the blog layout might get funky as I stop paying for this blog, but the posts should stay active.